HOW A PRIVATE COMMISSION WORKS?
Private Commission Initial consultation.
In order to make sure that I capture photographs of you best friend that you will be able to treasure for ever I offer an initial telephone consultation in order to establish the type of photographs/fine art images that you would like me to capture during your commission. Of course this brief is not set in stone and we will have a follow up consultation on the day of the photo shoot to ensure that nothing has changed.
Do you choose the location?
Nearly all of our clients [refer to come to us as we offer a stunning location The Old Barn which is situated near the market town of Whitchurch, south Cheshire/Shropshire border in its own private 4.5 acres of undisturbed countryside and is surrounded by traditional woodland.
How Your Photoshoot will work at The Old Hall
A Day You Will Remember For Ever
1. Your photoshoot will be at either 10.00am or 11.30pm and will last for around 1 hour.
2. During the photoshoot we our aim is to capture the true character of your dog/s and to do this we will capture the following:
- Fine art portraits that can be turned into stunning pieces of wall art taken in our outdoor studio.
- Photographs of you together to capture your special bond with your best friend.
- Woodland shots of your dog/s having fun, jumping over logs, running, chasing balls etc.
3. When the session is finished we will need around 2 hours to prepare the images for your viewing. We recommend that you visit a wonderful dog friendly pub situated just 10 minutes away for a lovely relaxed lunch in a gorgeous setting. Accommodation is also available if required.
4. Viewing your images can be an exciting and emotional experience and that is why we have created a specially designed viewing area at The Old Barn where you can view them in complete privacy.
All of the images shown will be edited to the very highest standards, we do not believe in showing unfinished images as we want you to be 100% confident in your decisions during the viewing and it not be a guessing game.
On average we will present around 30 plus images to you on a large screen so you can see them in their full glory and if required mocked up in frames and mounts that have worked together to create to your individual requirements.
On average the viewing will last around 45-60 minutes.
Can you photograph my children or me with my dog/s?
Yes of course, family photographs are very popular and I love capturing the relationship between you or children and their best friend, just make sure that you bring plenty of treats along.
Lifestyle/Stylised private commissions
If you would like a high end magazine look to your photographs then why not dress up for the occasion in your latest outfit with your best friend. It could be other country or city look the choice is yours.
The photos will then be edited and styled to suit the desired look required ready to look amazing on a wall in your home or office.
Can I share the Private Commission with a friend?
Can I share the Private Commission with a friend? Yes, you can share your private commission with a friend or family member.
My Dog is not the best behaved can I still book a Private Commission?
Yes of course, I work with all types of dogs and the secret is during any doggie photo shoot is to make them feel relaxed and more importantly make it FUN!!!. Over the years of photographing dogs I have picked up lots of tricks and ideas that makes sure that I can capture the true character of every dog I photograph.
My dog is not in the best of health?
Its a fact of life that none of us are here for ever and as we get older our health can deteriote. This is no problem at with regard a dog photographer private commission, I would make sure that I understood the health implications from our initial consultation and at all times would only work within the guidelines given so as to ensure that your dog had a wonderful time and we captured the photographs that you want.
I would also try and focus on capturing the special bond that you have with your best friend as you can see in the examples below.
What happens if it rains?
One thing that we can’t control is the weather and that is why I always call all my clients the day before and keep a close eye on the weather forecast.
If the weather does not look that great then there are a couple of choices available.
1) We can postpone the shoot to another date at no cost.
2) Wait until the morning of the shoot and then make a decision, again if the shoot is postponed then there will be no additional cost.
Is your framed Wall/Fine Art expensive?
Quite simply No it isn’t. All of my frames are constructed by hand using the finest materials and non fade mounts and are completely bespoke..
The printing paper is archive proof which means that your photographs will look in 30 years time the same as the day you received them.
Your photographs have been produced to the very highest quality and deserve to be presented and produced using the best materials available and turned into real pieces of art.Most clients budget £500.00 upwards depending on their artwork/image requirements.
Hand Made Bespoke Frames
What is your availability?
I am in the very fortunate position to have a busy diary so I do recommend that you give me as much notice as possible. I do only take on a limited amount of commissions per month to ensure that your images are produced to the very highest quality. I am available weekdays and weekends depending on availability.
Where are you based and how far do you travel?
We are based in the UK near Whitchurch in south Cheshire or I can travel the whole of the UK, Europe and further if required.